Thursday, February 28, 2013

The View From Here

The hill upon which my home sits looks down upon a little town. In the evening, you can look down and see all the twinkling lights. Before the sun sets, you can see beyond the town, far out into the desert. It looks so serene. Today, I fixed a seating area on my porch. I imagined my friends and neighbors sitting and chatting with me and looking down at the town. A porch is a good place for people to visit and I hope my neighborhood will always be a place where I am safe and I can just sit there without any cares. I wish my love was here with me to sit in those chairs. We always sat in the backyard with the swing. I remember sitting on that swing and watching the stars. One night we stayed up very late watching a meteor shower and just rocking. It was a warm night and there were so many shooting stars it really did look like a fireworks show. I wonder what view my love has now. Does he have a view of the stars or of me? How I wish I knew this answer. For now I will have to be content with the twinkling lights and the memory of those wondrous stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment