Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Here to Learn Lessons

Many of my friends tell me that we are on this earth to learn lessons and we will keep coming back until we learn them. I don't know if that is so, but yesterday was a very sad day in our little world. I heard the news about the gunman (I cannot speak his name) and the shootout in the local mountains. It made me cry because I knew what was coming. Still, I hoped that maybe he would give up and maybe nobody would get hurt. Shortly after, I heard the big helicopters headed toward the mountains. I knew what that meant. I didn't turn the t.v. on because I wanted to stay away from that sadness. I have enough of my own. That man, the gunman, he reminded me of someone I once knew. In a short while, I heard the helicopters returning home and knew it was all over, and it was. Now the families must pick up the pieces of what is left of their lives. How will they go on? How does anybody go on? I have never really grieved before, so I never understood the strength of the human spirit. I am really humbled by my fellow man. I am very sorry that people have to live through such pain. There is so much I will never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment