Thursday, February 7, 2013

Serenity & The Fragrance of Mangoes

The world is not as I would wish it today. Even amidst the bad news on the t.v. and the bad weather on the horizon, I do see a world of possibilities. Somehow I grow stronger in my understanding of service. It's not so comforting, but it gives me strength. I found a journal that has the Serenity prayer on the cover. When I went to the library, I took notes from the magazines I like. First of course I read Oprah and she described the changes she has been going through lately. She interviewed Carolyn Myss whose advice includes defining your life, "...by what you have and not what you want," and she describes "spirit" as the part of ourselves which, "has to believe in more." So for today, my spirit is looking towards art and beauty. I have lived a life, with my love, in beautiful places. I know no one can take that away from me.
I bought these mangoes the other day for their beauty and smell. I wish I could paint them. I love the color of their skin and their fragrance. So, this life of mine is mangoes. It's not just mangoes but friends and sisters and everyone and every dream from the past and the present. OK. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment