Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Baking Bread & Sitting In the Sun

Today I sat in the sunshine with my dearest friends and laughed. It was so beautiful today with sunshine and swaying palm trees. The temperature was a delightful 74 degrees Fahrenheit. Yesterday got better for me after I baked cinnamon rolls. I also baked a loaf of Christmas bread. My Greek cooking teacher says I should have added more flour, but I couldn't get the dough to take so much. Still, it came out great. I've been studying Greek cooking for a few years now. I think I'm OK at fixing Greek dishes. My stuffed grape leaves are not bad. I think one of my sisters is going to be traveling through Greece in the near future. I never went there, but my love really loved it there. I never got to see Greece. You know how way leads on to way and I just never got there. Maybe I will go with my Athenian cooking teacher someday. It could happen.
My seedlings of dill and cilantro are doing very well indoors under the grow lights. I also have two types of lettuce and Kohlrabi coming along waiting for perfect weather. I guess I will go out to work on the path I am setting in the garden. The roses are all beginning to show new growth. It is so beautiful and bitter sweet to watch the seasons change. Time is so fleeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment