Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Library Tears

I went to the library and read many of the books on grieving today. Of course I couldn't stop crying as I read the books, so I just turned from side to side so it wasn't so obvious. I picked up one by Elizabeth Kubler Ross about grieving. I only read the last few chapters, but I could see that I never really knew her. Now she is gone, but her life was no easy deal. I have to really thank her because I know people don't really want to talk about this. Where I live there is one grief support group, and while I do appreciate them, if you have a day job you are out of luck. When I went on the internet to look for grief support groups I found two websites and they both asked for money. I gave up on that idea quickly. So, tonight I'm not weeping and I took my dogs for a long walk. I wonder where Elizabeth is right now. I wonder where my love is.  I wonder where I am going.  M.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your posts, but this one brought our mother to my presence. She never discussed with me the myriad of books she read. She often lived in those books to the exclusion of me. I was surprised she shared with me her thoughts on Elizabeth Kubler Ross. The mother I loved came home for a short time after
    a long, long absence. She was animated and interested in something outside of her captivity. I thank Elizabeth for this good memory.

    ReplyDelete