Monday, February 25, 2013

Anticipating Spring

I would like to say that I am anxiously awaiting the coming of Spring. Actually, I'm not. I am sick of being cold, but I can't say that I look forward to the seasons the way I use to do. Still, today I saw the first leaves from my bulbs begin to come out of the earth. I was happy for a moment. Tonight is a full moon. Last night I watched the Academy Awards show with some friends. The outfits on the red carpet were better than I remember them being. Barbara Streisand sang "Memories" and that was tough to listen to without crying. I could see that Barbara had changed since the last time I saw her (so have I). She sang as a memorial tribute to Marvin Hamlisch, her good friend and collaborator who recently passed away. Today I baked cinnamon rolls and bread. It made the house smell good. It was kind of quiet around here today. Maybe tomorrow will be better. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment