Saturday, June 8, 2013

Trust and the Very Dark Cave of Grief

This experience of grieving is very much like walking through a very dark cave and not knowing where I am or where I am going. I can choose to stop and not enter the cave at all, but that would be to not grieve at all and to pretend that this doesn't hurt. In my life I have made some really good choices. I am proud of those choices. Once, long long ago, I chose to listen to my intuition and speak with a child who seemed to be disappearing before my very eyes. Each day she grew thinner and thinner. I could have chosen to speak with her parents, but instead I spoke only to her. I fed her and somehow I knew she would tell me something important. I hoped that she would explain, but it was dark in that cave of life and I didn't know then where I was or where she really was or where we were going that day I sat her down to talk. Then, as if by magic she told me the unspeakable horrors of her life, and I knew she would have to leave her father's house and so this came to pass. She went on with her life and today I am so grateful that I trusted my instincts and listened to God and to her story. As I continue into my own dark cave of grieving, I know once again that although I am afraid and don't know where I am or where I am going, I must trust again just as I did long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment