Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Break & My Heroes

I had to take a break the last two days. It wasn't that Valentine's was so hard this year. It's just that I needed to grieve this holiday. For several years now, I have realized more that this holiday is a time to show my gratitude for all the people who have taken care of my love.
I want my Valentine's day  to be about all the people who helped my love live each day as his mortal life slipped away. All the people in the hospital who worked to give him as much time as they could are a reflection of pure love. I so love those people, and there were many. I have my complaints, of course, about the hospital experience, but the people I came to know were really angels. I wish health care was better, but I am so grateful for what we got. So, from now on, Valentine's day isn't about chocolates and hearts. It's about the people who get down and dirty and save your life when you are at your lowest. God Bless those people. They are and will always be my valentines.

No comments:

Post a Comment